Stacks on stacks.
I have stacks on stacks of books that I am hoping to get through prior to my 26th year beginning. The goal is to have 26 books read by my 26th bday and I am at 21. However, I also have only a month left to read 5 books.
The list of recently read is growing (which is good). Here are some books that I recently picked up from the local library.
- Emma Cline The Girls
- Liane Moriarty: Truly, Madly, Guiltily
- Fredrik Backman: A Man Called Ove
- Emma Donoghue: The Wonder
Here is a little takeaway from each.
- The Girls covered the life of Evie, a young girl growing up in the late 1960’s. Evie meets a group of girls that appeal to her and she is drawn into a cult group. It was certainly an interesting read but unsettling. The unsettling nature made it almost a form of art or something however.
- Truly, Madly, Guiltily, I just think Liane Moriarty does a wonderful job emphasizing the truth behind words and actions. She is able to convey the deepest of feelings while not taking you too far the rabbit hole of despair. I really enjoy her books.
- A Man Called Ove. You all, I can not even explain how beautiful this book is. It takes grief, which is very very dark, and turns it into a practical spin on living a life full of value. I can’t fully explain this book, but I can tell you at the end I was bawling like a baby (on a Friday night no less).
- The Wonder had a slower start but was intriguing nonetheless. I read Room earlier this summer and would say that this author’s writing is consistently good. I wanted to come back to this story and read the ending.
What are your recently reads? Any authors that I should keep on my radar?